Most of you will by now have heard about FreeTime
, the seventh expansion pack for the Sims 2. Although we have been a little bit behind on all the news about it, it's time to play catch-up for a bit. Thus we have collected all available screenshots and other things for you to find below (in the "Read more" area).
Other than all those screenshots and artworks, there are two videos
: a trailer and a music video of Natasha Bedingfield's "A Pocketful of Sunshine." That track is included in the expansion, of course all in Simlish. Furthermore there are hobby magazines
for all of the hobbies, of which at the time of writing 6 have been revealed. The first of seven comic strips
has also been published at the official site. Finally, the official UK site has a fansite kit
with some material (also shown below) as well. A Prima Guide
will be released at the same time as the game.
FreeTime is expected to be released in the week of February 25th (26th in the US, 29th in the UK).
Hobby Magazine Screenshots:
Comic Strip Screens:
EA ANNOUNCES THE SIMS 2 FREETIME EXPANSION PACK
Your Sims Can Now Explore All-New Activities, Hobbies and Cool Careers to Enrich Their Lives
REDWOOD CITY, CA — January 17, 2008 — Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) today announced the newest expansion pack from The Sims™ Label, The Sims™ 2 FreeTime. This expansion pack offers your Sims a full suite of all-new activities and hobbies to enrich their lives. Your Sims can build their skills and enhance friendships by exploring new pursuits based on their personal interests, helping them live life to the fullest.
"Players of The Sims love to bring stories to life by exploring new and wonderful areas of their Sims' existence," said Rod Humble, Head of The Sims Studio. "Now with The Sims 2 FreeTime, your Sims can explore a range of interests to discover new fun and appealing life options and diversions. Realizing these all-new talents adds depth, humor and appreciation for the moments that make life entertaining."
It's all about fun, personal development for your Sims in The Sims 2 FreeTime. Sims can follow their individual interests, whether it's immersing themselves in books, becoming an award-winning foodie, flying a remote-controlled helicopter or playing the violin. Gifted mechanics can repair and then drive their newly-renovated sports cars. Sims can rake in oodles of Simoleons with skillfully crafted pottery or by writing a mesmerizing novel.
Cool careers bring happiness and fulfillment to your Sims and your storytelling opportunities expand. New cool career options await, including oceanography, architecture, and entertainment. Now by honing their talents, your Sims can unlock a secondary aspiration making them even more unique.
- New Gameplay Elements Tied to Hobbies. Your Sims can discover the activities that they're most passionate about! Sims can now participate in contests to win prizes and Simoleons, or they can master interests, practice and improve their skills, and get in "the zone!" Your Sims can enrich their lives by creating items to use or sell, like pottery or cars. These new hobbies can strengthen friendships and uncover secret lots.
- New Lifetime Aspiration Meter. Your Sims can measure the progress of their aspirations over a lifetime and unlock special rewards and interactions!
- Five New Career Tracks and their Reward Objects. Oceanographers can earn a koi pond, entertainers can get their own star of fame, architects can use their own drafting table, dancers can receive a ballet barre and intelligence agents can use an audio augmenter earpiece.
- All New Objects and Outfits. The Sims 2 FreeTime introduces brand new items, including a basketball hoop, pottery wheel, toddler activity table, modular synthesizer, hobby train table and much more. Your Sims can also have new outfits to match their hobbies and activities, including a special outfit that was designed and created by a player of The Sims 2 that will be produced by H&M.
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Developer: Electronic Arts Redwood Shores
- Ship Date: US: February 26, 2008
Europe: February 29, 2008
- PC Expansion Pack*
- Category: Simulation/Strategy
- ESRB Rating: T for Teen with descriptors of Crude Humor, Sexual Themes, Violence
- PEGI Rating: 12+
* Requires The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Special DVD Edition , The Sims 2 Holiday Edition or The Sims 2 Deluxe for PC to play.
Written at 20:10 on Friday, 25 January 2008 by ChEeTaH