Less than a month before the release of Open for Business, Maxis has addressed several issues with Nightlife in an updated patch. 29 Problems that weren't fixed with the first patch
have been solved now. The patch also contains all the fixes that were in the previous patch as well. Here's a summary of the newly fixed problems:
- Fixed an issue where NPC Mrs. Crumplebottom was causing objects.package to be corrupt.
- Addressed an issue where cell phones could not be placed in a Sims inventory before making a phone call on it first.
- Dorm Cooks will no longer duplicate on previously played lots after installing Nightlife.
- Sims will no longer get a memory of making out with themselves in the hot tub under certain conditions.
- The Mad Scientist career track will no longer have a conflicting message about missing a day of work and having the day off.
- Moving lots with University Graduates into the Sim Bin and back into the neighborhood will no longer cause all of the diplomas to belong to one Sim, instead the will belong to their original owners.
- Sims will now be able to use Cell Phones and MP3 players if placed on tables.
- Young Adult Male Sims can no longer get pregnant and give birth by using the Electro Dance Sphere.
- Vampire NPC's can now be influenced to drink Vamprocillin-D properly.
- Sims can now work out if there is a rug in front of the TV.
- Computers are no longer able to be placed in a Sims inventory if the computers are turned on.
- Sims playing the hand held games will no longer get a memory about meeting themselves.
- Fixed an issue where University Sims were randomly getting taken back to their original neighborhood during their Freshman year.
- Fixed a rare occurring of an issue where Sims could not move off of a University lot after graduating.
- Teen Sims age transitioning directly to an Adult Sim that has chosen not to go to college will no longer receive a memory that they have completed their Freshman year.
- Having a Family Reunion will no longer overrun the memories panel of a Sim with a memory for every interaction during the Family Reunion party.
- Fixed an issue so that dorm rooms will be hidden again when Nightlife is installed.
- The want "Stay Home From Class" can now be fulfilled by Pleasure Aspiration Sims that Skip class.
The full list is available at the Nightlife Update Page
, where all bugs as of the Mrs. Crumplebottom one are only fixed in the latest patch. You can download the patch from the same page, or if you don't have Nightlife the general update page
gives you link to previous patches (which have not been updated). Note that to install the Nightlife patch, you'll need to have CD 2 in your drive.
Written at 22:04 on Wednesday, 8 February 2006 by ChEeTaH