Ideas for expansion packs:
Yesterday Maxis had a new survey on their website, asking about new features in future expansion packs. Besides that, it also mentioned "The Sims 2 Stuff" packs, which used to be known as Booster or Shopping packs. Recurring topics in the topic are pets, gardening, farming, but there is also a multitude of building options. All the precise details of the survey have been posted on the Sims usenet newsgroup, by Guardian Pegasus. They can be found through Google Groups
, but for your convenience we've also posted the details in the read more part below.
- Use new and exciting objects to amuse, thrill and surprise your Sims as you build destinations like amusement parks and carnivals for them to enjoy. Make free time at home more fun with family and friend focused objects that bring Sims together. Who knows what might happen?
- Hire actors and build sets to develop your Sims into award winning movie and TV directors. Build movie theaters and share your creations with other Sims or publish your shows on a local tv station.
- Give your Sims a lovable pet friend. Create or adopt classic pets including cats, dogs, birds or guinea pigs. Train them to do tricks, help around the house, win prizes and gain social status in your neighborhood.
- Build your own reality TV show by controlling the characters and settings. Have your Sims conquer the tasks to win fame in their neighborhood and trade your challenges throughout the online community.
- Take your Sims to exotic destinations around the world. Travel to tropical beaches, quaint European villages, and mountain resorts. Meet the locals, learn their languages and master new customs to build your sim into a savvy world traveler.
- Plant a little backyard garden or build the world’s greatest farm. Tend farm animals and crops to build a successful empire. Take a break from the hard work to relax in the great outdoors by enjoying camping, fishing, hiking, and wildlife viewing. Weather, seasons and holidays create an ever changing neighborhood.
How interested are you in the following list of potentially new activities for the next Sims 2 expansion pack?
- Ridable Horses and Milkable Cows
- Answering machines
- Dog House
- Camping Tent
- Chemistry Set
- Do laundry (washing machines/dryers)
- Pool toys
- New Pool Shapes
- Farm Tractor
- Fishing Pole
- Bird Cage
- "Block Party" items such as BBQ, flags, etc.
- Movie Camera
- Rare Souvenirs from Exotic Locations
- Movie Screen
How interested are you in the following list of potentially new locations for the next Sims 2 expansion pack?
- Going shopping
- Mail system/catalog shopping/subscriptions (online shopping, mail order)
- Child rearing/parenting/babysitting
- Visiting "themed" locations
- Family events - weddings, funerals, reunions, holidays
- Tending Farm Animals
- Garage sales
- Torture and deathv
- Personal Sim accounts - kids get allowance for paper routes, everybody has their own money
- Holiday Parties
- Health and Sickness - doctors or nurses making house calls
- Calendar year - mark and remember events like birthdays/anniversaries, etc.
How interested are you in the following list of potentially new buildings and environments for the next Sims 2 expansion pack?
- Boardwalk Arcade
- Event locations - halls for weddings, graveyards, dance halls
- Skate parks
- Pet Store
- Fantasy themed locations, including a castle
- Mountain Lodge
- Parks – City or Country Park
- Movie Theater
- Pet Agility Show
How likely would you be to purchase an all-new themed set of The Sims
- Curved walls
- Live-in NPCs
- More international themes - clothing, furniture, interactions
- Room Size tool - place pre-sized rooms and create houses
- Placing objects on half tiles
- Floor plan system - pick a blue print and watch the game "build" your
- house and you decorate
- Placing objects in diagonal spaces
- Natural disasters - earthquakes, tornadoes, etc.
"The Sims 2 Stuff" is a new game idea that is different from our current Expansion Packs. A Sims 2 Expansion Pack offers a new theme with all-new gameplay, new locations, and over 125 new items.
The below description is for The Sims 2 Stuff:
The Sims 2 Stuff provides you a set of must-have items for your Sims based on a special theme. Get a collection of new items for your Sims including new furnishings, décorations, electronics/gadgets, clothing, hairstyles, and other accessories.
Each themed set of The Sims 2 Stuff will offer approximately 60 all-new items and will not include any new gameplay functionality like Expansion Packs do. However, they will be offered at a lower price than Expansion Packs.
Sims Stuff Themes:
- Items range from recreational outdoor sports to safari to country life
- Items focused on Asia including India, China, Japan, Indonesia and beyond
- Items to throw a costume party, including outrageous outfits from throughout history and entertainment
- Most important items to makeover hair, accessories, and attire
- Items to create a tropical hideaway for your Sims
- Items to keep your Sims warm and cozy all winter long
- Items from a horror movie, including creepy costumes, scary decorations, and gothic furniture
- Items to throw a party for a birthday, wedding, anniversary or holiday
- Items for a wedding and honeymoon, including cakes, wedding arches, honeymoon suite furniture, wedding dress
- Items from the best times of the last century roaring 20s, happy 50s, crazy 60s
- Items from all around the globe including Asia, Africa, Europe and modern America
- Items to deck out the outside of your Sims house including landscaping and patio décor
- Items from the southwest US, both past and present such as Native American décor and items for ranch living
- Items focusing on traditional Europe including France, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, and more
Written at 14:06 on Friday, 20 January 2006 by ChEeTaH
These comments express the view and/or opinion of our visitors and not The Sims Zone. It's not necessarily The Sims Zone's or any
of its staff members' opinion. The Sims Zone cannot be held responsible for what's said in these comments.
Abusers of this service will be blocked. We have filters installed to filter explicit words,
but we cannot guarantee that they filter all explicit words.
Written at 17:14 on Friday, 20 January 2006 by Simsmomma
ooo i want to see this ..where do i go to find this on the maxis site ...i didnt see it ..??
Written at 20:21 on Tuesday, 24 January 2006 by Ashley (freaky_grrl)
the surveys are only available for a very short amount of time.
Written at 15:57 on Friday, 24 March 2006 by Fluff (moomaster)
those are awesome ideas! They should also be able to go to the doctor, have sports, a preteen stage between child and teen, and a stage between adult and elder like middle age.
Written at 05:51 on Friday, 26 May 2006 by jyrian (jrose323)
Edited at 17:56 on Friday, 26 May 2006 by jyrian (jrose323)
Yea they should have sims 2 activities.This one is where sims can be on a sport team such as basketball or football or dance team.(dancing for boys and girls)Your sim can be cheerleader or math team or computer team.Or sims 2 creatures or halloween where sims can be creatures like ghoules, werewolves, whiches, warlocks, wizards, frankenstine and other magical creatures. Or pirates, flying people(from peter pan), or talking animals or super heros. The purpose of this game is that you can finaly as a sim(mostly a child and if we have pre-teens they can do it)get to walk down streets of a neighbor hood and trick treat and throw eggs at houses or toilet people trees. New objectects like a football, basketball, pom-pom, or trick or treat bags and 125 objects for both expansion packs.And they should have docters if you are sick or if your sim work in a medical career, they can help somebody that is sick in the household.
Written at 04:24 on Monday, 26 June 2006 by Jackie (Littilmouse)
I agree with what moomaster said--"They should also be able to go to the doctor, have sports, a preteen stage between child and teen, and a stage between adult and elder like middle age."
But these seem like such great ideas! I like the seasons, holidays, and so much more!
I'm confused though.. are these just ideas, or actually part of an expansion pack?
Hmm and maybe somebody in the medical career could help somebody in the house who's sick? Or somebody who is in the athletic career could have a one-on-one basketball match or something with a friend? (and not only people in the athletic career, but everybody.) That would be soo cool.
Post a comment
All content © copyright 2001-2010 The Sims Zone unless otherwise stated.
The Sims franchise is © copyright Maxis and Electronic Arts.