A post has appeared on usenet which points to a post on the Sims 2 site from a user who has been fortunate enough to receive the strategy guide for the new Sims 2 expansion pack.
There are a whole bunch of new things and changes to play with in the new EP. Those of you who remember Hot Date will be pleased to know that Mrs Crumplebottom returns with some new NPCs and there are over 300 new walls and floors.
Read on to find out some of the details.
Not posting everything discussed, want to leave some things as a surprise :)
- New NPCs Mrs Crumplebottom, Gypsy Matchmaker, The Slob, The Diva, Mr
Big, Grand Vampire, restaurant Host and restaurant server.
- Grilled Cheese Aspiration- If a conversation has nothing to do with grilled cheese, the sim isn't interested.
- Gender preferences
- Love Potion #8.5 Boosts your Sim's attractiveness to all other Sims
by 100 points.
- Dates can take place both at home and at community lots.
- A horrible date will result in a flaming bag of pooh being left at
- You can click on another lot while
playing one lot (if the function to see them is enabled) to
automatically switch families/go to the community lot. You can also
use your car to go directly to a community lot without having to go to
the neighborhood screen.
- "Just For Fun" is an unscored outing. Casual Outings are asked for in person, Managed are done over the phone.
- You can add/remove people in the group while it's going on.
- You can change to a date while on an outing, but if you have more than
one playable Sim on the outing, you'll have to manage both the date
and the outing.
- You can ask to be seated at a table or at a counter.
- A group of sims can take up more than one table if need be.
- Every Sim has a random, permanent, favorite food, that appears in a
thought bubble when they read the menu.
- Getting cosy with the host results in discounts.
- Sims can get bitten and turn into vampires.
- Mrs Crumplebottom only.
has limited interactions- if you try to talk to her, she'll either
give you a lecture or pull out her knitting and ignore you.
- Mrs. Crumplebottom, besides hating PDA's, apparently will tell you off.
for wearing undies/swimwear in public, even if there's a pool on the
- Sims no longer instantly forgive you for insults.
- Furious Sims autonomously walk by your lot and vandalize it.
- Four types of car available, allowing you to go to work/school/communituy, etc. Space is infinity.
- New lot sizes are 3x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4,5x2,5x6.
- Some of the half walls are more than waist high with glass, spindles,
etc on top and can be combined with regular half walls.
- You must have a driveway before you can buy a car- there are 2 types.
Concrete in grey and asphalt, or brick, in red or yellow. And Sim cars
have insanely wide turning radiuses, apparently. Each car needs it's own space to park.
- There's a new terrain smoothing tool (like in SC4) to allow you to
smooth edges of sharp terrain without making the ground perfectly
flat. You can also now put floor tiles on sloped terrain.
- Any Empty house placed into the lot bin can now be infinitely
reproduced. Occupied houses, however, are deleted from the bin once
- You can build/place things under the arch of a connecting column.
Written at 12:13 on Wednesday, 7 September 2005 by Neil.
These comments express the view and/or opinion of our visitors and not The Sims Zone. It's not necessarily The Sims Zone's or any
of its staff members' opinion. The Sims Zone cannot be held responsible for what's said in these comments.
Abusers of this service will be blocked. We have filters installed to filter explicit words,
but we cannot guarantee that they filter all explicit words.
Written at 15:16 on Wednesday, 7 September 2005 by Andy (TSZ) (Andy)
Good work in dredging this up :) There are a lot of good features here that I didn't know about, especially in the build mode.
Site Manager & Assistant Webmaster
Written at 22:05 on Thursday, 8 September 2005 by Peter Pappas (PeterP214)
Thanx for the info. I can ahrdly wait to get my hands on a copy!
Written at 18:36 on Friday, 9 September 2005 by simgirl05
Great thanks! i can't wait for it to come out!! =)
HAVE A SIM TASTIC TIME!!!
Written at 17:08 on Saturday, 10 September 2005 by Mangerico7
I need NL! Help!!! Oh well One more week...
Written at 19:51 on Monday, 12 September 2005 by simgirl05
Yeeeeeah, only 4 days to go...
HAVE A SIM TASTIC TIME!!!
Post a comment
All content © copyright 2001-2010 The Sims Zone unless otherwise stated.
The Sims franchise is © copyright Maxis and Electronic Arts.